Rotterdam, The Netherlands, November 12th 2008. Ship Simulator 2008 developer VSTEP announces that its latest exciting new vessel, the JUMBO JAVELIN will be available for free download at “The Shipyard”, the online vessel & environment shop for Ship Simulator 2008.
All Ship Simulator 2008 and Ship Simulator 2008: New Horizons users will be able to download this new vessel for free and play exciting new missions in the game. The JUMBO JAVELIN is sponsored by Jumbo Shipping and comes with ten new missions especially created for this vessel to add to the excitement and variety of Ship Simulator 2008.
The JUMBO JAVELIN is the largest of Jumbo Shipping’s fleet of heavy lift transportation & installation vessels. It has the capacity to transport very large and heavy cargo’s up to 1800 tons, and install at water depths up to 2500 meters. The vessel has a deadweight of 13278 tons, two 900 ton cranes, 3100 m² of deck space for cargo and can travel at speeds of up to 18 knots.
Frank Dolmans, VSTEP’s Chief Marketing Officer: “At VSTEP we take our player community to heart. To show our gratitude to our Ship Simulator community for their support, their playing time and their valuable feedback, we are giving them a completely new vessel for Ship Simulator 2008 for free. We’re giving our players something special. Not a run-of-the-mill ship, but an exciting vessel, a technical masterpiece that adds never before seen gameplay and missions to Ship Simulator 2008!”
To download your free new vessel, either visit The Shipyard at www.shipsim.com/shipyard/ and follow the on-screen instructions next to the JUMBO JAVELIN, or follow these simple instructions below:
1. First you need to create a Ship Simulator 2008 forum account. Go to the Ship Simulator forum by clicking the following link http://forum.shipsim.com (Users who already have a forum account should skip steps 1 to 4)
2. Click the Register button in the yellow top menu bar to create your personal forum account.
3. On the register screen, enter your details and tick the ‘I agree’ box. Click on the Register button at the bottom of the screen.
4. After registering you will receive an activation email. Click the link in this mail. Your forum account is now verified and activated. You can now log in with your username and password. Well done, almost there.
5. When you have logged in to the forum, click the "Profile" button in the yellow top menu bar.
6. In the center of this “Profile” page you can see a "License key registration" box. Please enter your Ship Simulator 2008 license key (that came with the game) here and click on the register button. Your copy of Ship Simulator 2008 is now registered.
7. After the license key is registered, a new section appears on the webpage, referring to the JUMBO JAVELIN release.
8. Click the button "Get your free Jumbo Javelin License Key".
9. Your personal Jumbo Javelin license key will now appear and also a download link to the Jumbo Javelin setup file.
10. Download the JUMBO JAVELIN ship and have fun!
For more information about Jumbo Shipping and the Jumbo Javelin visit www.jumboshipping.nl
For a visit to The Shipyard and more information on Ship Simulator 2008 and Ship Simulator 2008: New Horizons, go to www.shipsim.com/shipyard/
About The Shipyard
The Shipyard is an online vessel and environment shop for Ship Simulator 2008. In this online webshop, players can customize their version of Ship Simulator 2008 with new ships, environments, harbours and new features for the game. The Shipyard can be reached at www.shipsim.com/shipyard/
The Shipyard’s product catalogue will be frequently updated with official new vessels, environments and features being added by the developers.
About Ship Simulator 2008
Available in 20 countries and 7 languages and with over 350,000 copies sold to date, the Ship Simulator Series is the leading naval simulation series for pc users. In Ship Simulator 2008, players will need to perform a multitude of tasks, all set within stunning 3D environments and world renowned harbours like San Francisco, Rotterdam, New York and Marseille. Players will take control of a wide array of vessels – from massive cargo ships and ferries, to speedboats, yachts, water taxis, personal watercrafts, and even the mighty Titanic! Ship Simulator 2008 incredibly recreates real locations from around the world and presents players with the challenges of commanding the vessel of their choice on the open sea.
VSTEP develops professional training simulators for nautical training, fire-fighters, train drivers, safety officers and others. Since its initiation in 2002, VSTEP has successfully completed over 38 training simulators and projects for customers like the Royal Navy, the Port of Rotterdam, Falck/Nutec, Shell, DSM and the Dutch Railways. VSTEP’s experience and core technology from these projects has been adapted to deliver a “true to their roots” simulator for the home PC user. For more information about VSTEP and Ship Simulator 2008, visit www.shipsim.com and www.vstep.nl